Tea tree is essential oil also known as melaleuca oil. It’s distllied from the leaves of the native Austrialian plant Melaleuca alternifolia.
This amazing oil has many benefits for the skin as it possesses antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antifungal properties. Tea tree helps to elimate and kill bacteria that can cause skin problems (acne, blackheads and razor bumps). It serves as a therapeutic oil to treat skin, it’s effective for treatment to slowly but gradually diminsh acne scares. Just look up all the studies done!
Coconut Oil is rich in fatty acids and possess antimicrobial properties that help treat acne and protect the skin from harmful bacteria. Coconut oil may be linked to some potential benefits for skin, including reducing inflammation, keeping skin moisturized and helping heal wounds.
Tree Tree Exfoliator
- 3 to 4 drops of pure tea tree oil
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 drops of essential oil for fragrance (optional)
1) Add all the ingredients together in a small mason jar and mix them thoroughly with a fork or small spatula.
2) Store in that same continent you used to make it in (less waste and much easier) and keep away from excessive sunlight, store at room temperature- do not refrigerate as it will harden.
3) To use, after cleansing your skin, with your fingers, lightly rub and gently massage the exfoliating mixture onto your skin in circular motions to remove dead skin.
4) Leave on the skin for about five minutes to allow the tea tree and coconut oil to absorb into the skin. Wash off thoroughly with clear water, without using any facial or body soap.
5) Pat skin dry and follow with serum/ moisturizer.
Let me know how this works for you! I’ve been using this a few months now and haven’t had any skin issues from recipe.